My wonderful brother -in-
My sister has finished her chemotherapy. Unfortunately, she did not get an all-clear on the PET scan she endured a few days after her husband died. It is possible the results are a false positive; it is also possible she has a new tumor and may need radiation treatment. We should know by the end of this week.
So, we are all trying to support her as she struggles to adjust to a life without the man who's been her life partner for decades. While she's still facing a life-threatening disease.
I hope to be back to regular posts, and my regularly scheduled Sluts, soon. In the meantime, I invite you to take a peek at one of the previous Sluts that you may have missed:
- Anaïs Nin - erotica writer, novelist, muse
- Anne Boleyn - the woman Henry VIII overturned the English church for
- Ava Gardner - much married, glamorous film star
- Betty White - witty humanitarian, TV star, game show regular
- Boudicca - Celtic queen who made Romans pay for raping her daughters
- Catherine the Great - minor German nobility who became Empress of Russia
- Cleopatra - Brilliant Queen who spoke several languages, including men
- Hwang Jini - Korean poet and courtesan
- Jezebel - Hebrew queen and one of the first victims of slut-shaming
- Dr. Joycelyn Elders - former Surgeon General of the USA who spoke out for safe sex
- Mae West - vaudeville baud turned Hollywood superstar
- The "Unsinkable Molly Brown" - She did survive the Titanic, but also battled for workers' rights and ran for political office
- Peggy Lee - songwriter, chanteuse, film star, and successful litigant against Disney
- Rita Moreno - Anita in West Side Story, Marlon Brando's girlfriend, and much more
- Saartje (Sara) Baartman - displayed in Europe as "The Venus Hottentot" - was she victim, self-exploiter, or some of both?
Thank you for your support and encouragement during this dark personal time. I wish you and your loved ones much health, healing, and happiness.